Here you can get all the information regarding the documents required for Visa to France. France is a beautiful country. It is rich with art, culture and is home to the world’s biggest fashion hubs as well. There are several reasons why one must want to visit France beautiful country. However, there are a few documents required for Visa to France to visit this beautiful country along with your friends and family. In this article, you will find all documents that are required to submit before getting a visa to France.
History of Visa to France
France has been a part of the European Union ever since 1997. It is one of the first few countries that became a part of the EU. France though has its borders open to its neighboring countries and people from other parts of Europe such as Belgium, Spain, Netherlands, United Kingdom and Germany do not require a visa to visit the country. However, the French government does ask for a visa from people from all other parts of the world. As compared to other countries that are a member of the European Union, France has not rejected visas. In fact, the rate of rejection for visas is as low as 8 percent which indicates that the country is warm and welcoming to people from various parts of the world.
Documents generally required for visa application to France
The visa requirements will differ according to the purpose for which the visa is being applied. However, there are some general requirements that need to be fulfilled for a visa to France for all purposes. These general requirements are the following.
- The application forms that is downloaded from the official website of the French embassy.
- Submission of application forms online with all mandatory details.
- Recent passport size photography (minimum 2; maximum 3) with a plain background.
- Original passport and passport copies (at least 3 months away from expiry)
- Flight details (if the flight has been booked) stating the arrival and departure date.
- Cover letter stating why the person is visiting the country.
- Bank statement with a closing balance (as required by the state of France).
- Proof of citizenship in presently residing country i.e. NIC or birth certificate.
Additional documents required
In addition to the above mentioned mandatory documents, there are a few requirements that will be applicable depending on the current status of the applicant. These requirements are as following.
- If the applicant is applying for work permit
The applicant will need to submit bank account details for at least an account that has been active for past 6 months. Along with this, there will be an employment/income letter from the company, resignation letter as well as clearance certificate from income tax.
- If the applicant is retired
The person will submit retirement letter along with professional details as well as recent pension letter copies.
- If the applicant is a student
A student will submit an enrollment letter from a French university as well as leave certificate of current institution.
- If the applicant is visiting
The person will submit a sponsor letter, cover letter as well as bank account details that have a sum of amount that is sufficient to aid the applicant’s stay in the country.
- If the applicant is married to French national
The applicant will be required to submit marriage certificate along with family details and spouse citizenship proof.