Know your options for getting a Jordan Visa for Indian Citizens
India is one of the 50 (or so) countries that Jordan offers a comfortable visa process. So, getting Jordan visa for Indian citizen is not difficult. If you are planning a vacation then the visitor visa is best suited for you. Before we head towards the procedure, here are the prerequisites for applying for a tourist visa:
Documentation Required for Jordan visa for Indian Citizens:
- Appropriately completed and finalized application form with signatures.
- Single passport-sized photograph taken against a white background.
- Valid passport with at least 6 months left before expiration date.
- Photocopies of the first and last pages of your passport.
- Confirmed Return Air Tickets.
- Confirmed hotel reservations for the entire length of your stay.
- Complete Excursion Itinerary.
- Original financial statements for last 6 months.
Here are three ways for you to get it:
- Visitor Visa from Jordanian Embassy:
This is the most stress-free option to apply for a Jordanian visitor visa. Any authorized travel agent can help you or you could do this by yourself.
The process fees INR 8,100 and the visa is valid for 14 days.
Expect a 3 – 5 days processing time.
- Visitor Collective Visa:
If you are travelling with a group of other tourist then this is an “on-arrival” visa your tour operator will get at Amman Airport. While your trip details will be sorted out by your tour guide, you do not require extra documentation for this visa.
There is no fee for this visa and it is valid for 7 to 14 days
- Visa upon Arrival:
Indians holding national passports can obtain an “on-arrival” visa on Amman Airport. All that is required is that the passengers are in possession of complete documentation to complete the visa forms.
If your trip is planned for a less than 7 days then you might be required to show at least USD 1000 worth in Cash or as Traveller Cheques per family member. Double the amount if you wish to spend the entire 14 days In Jordan (USD 2000). It is advisable to mention the possession of internationally accepted credit cards to further prove your financial consistency.
The Fee for Jordan visa for Indian citizen JOD 40 and it is valid for a stay inside Jordan for 14 days.