There are several reasons why one must want to travel to Austria. The visit could be a short business trip that requires a visiting visa or work permit to the country. It could also be a visa for educational purposes. Whatever the need is, nobody can travel into a foreign country without the gate pass to the country i.e. the country’s visa. Traveling to Austria is not different. Therefore you must have a visa if you wish to enter and stay in the country for a short or long timer period. To get the visa to Austria there are certain criterions that one needs to fulfill. However, the requirements for the grant of visa will differ in accordance to the type of visa.
Visa to Austria is possible to get ever since the country has become a state member of the European Union. Here are some general requirements that you will need to fulfill to apply for a visa (regardless of the type of visa). The obligation of all general requirements is mandatory with no exceptions in the policy for anybody.
- A visa application form must be submitted to the embassy with all required details. The form is available on the web page of the country’s visa embassy.
- Passport size pictures with a light (preferably sky blue background).
- A valid passport with a minimum 2 blank pages for visa issuance.
- Proof of citizenship of the homeland of the applicant i.e. NIC, birth certificate, marriage certificate, job/income certificate.
- Bank statement with a minimum closing balance as required by the country applying to for visa (in this case Austria).
- Cover letter which clearly states the purpose of visiting Austria i.e. the type of visa that one is applying for (such as immigration, visiting, work permit or student visa).
Visa requirements for work permit
In addition to the general requirements (that need to be fulfilled under all circumstances and are applicable to everyone), there are certain visa requirements that are applicable only according to the type of visa that is being applied for. For a work permit visa, the following requirements need to fulfill. The requirements will, however, vary from a person who is employed by any company or a person who is self-employed i.e. runs his own personal business.
Employed by some company(s)
An employed person will have to show proof of his current income statement, bank statement of past 6 months to 1 year and tax clearance certificate.
A self-employed person will need to show tax clearance certificate and business license.
Visa requirements for student visa
- Acceptance letter from university in Austria
- Clearance letter from educational institution in present residing country
Visa requirements for immigration
- Sponsorship letter from an Austrian citizen
- Bank statement for past 6 months record
Visa requirements for visiting (tourism and recreational purposes)
- Closing statement of bank account (record of 6 months)
Visa requirements for a person whose spouse is an Austrian national
- Marriage certificate
- Citizenship of spouse from Austrian State