Switzerland Visa Requirements
Switzerland is an EFTA member country and also a member of the Schengen territory. If you are planning to travel to Switzerland anytime soon, you need to apply for Swiss Visa according to the state visa policy of the country. The requirements for a visa will vary according to the purpose of travel. Here you read about complete Switzerland Visa Requirements, Types, Application & Guidelines.
How to Apply for Swiss Visa?
If you are planning to apply for Swiss Visa anytime soon, we can help you. Here are the essential details that you need to know to submit your visa application to Switzerland.
- You will be required to download the visa application form from the official embassy website.
- All information that is filled out on the visa form needs to be 100% accurate.
- Two passport size pictures 14×14 need to be attached to the form.
- A high copy of your passport should be submitted along with the visa application. The passport should be away from expiration at least 3 months.
- In case you have made any ticket reservations for a specific date, make sure that you attach the ticket copies with the application as well.
General Conditions Applicable:
There are some mandatory conditions that are applicable to everyone who is applying for Swiss Visa. These conditions are obligatory regardless of the type of visa that is being applied for.
- You will need to provide a medical insurance certificate. The medical expense coverage should be minimally 30K Euros for your stay in Switzerland.
- A cover letter is mandatory to be attached with the visa application stating the purpose of travel to the country.
- Depending on the nature of your stay in Switzerland, provide accommodation details accordingly.
- Provide citizenship proof of the country you currently reside in.
Contact the Swiss Embassy:
It is most strongly advised that the Swiss Embassy officials are contacted in person to know about any recent updates in the visa policy. The embassy has full authority to change any policy or terms and conditions without sending out any prior notice. In addition to the mandatory requirements, there are varying requirements that are required according to the type of visa that is being applied for.