Schengen Visa Requirements for Education Visa – Student Schengen Visa
The Schengen visa requirements can be fulfilled by the prerequisite fact that the applicant is enrolled in a certified educational institute. The possessor of this visa will not be required to have citizenship of the destined country. Also, this will not be an immigrant visa. To enroll in the educational institute present in the Schengen zone, the student visa must be issued.
Student Schengen Visa:
Citizens outside the Europe are entitled to the student visa. If the applicant’s course of studies lasts longer than 90 days over the period of 180 days, the applicant must also apply for the residence permit that allows them to live in their designated for one whole year.
The application must be duly filled and handed over to the embassy of the designated country. Also, the following information must also be kept in mind:
- 2 Recent passport photos, showing full face.
- Passport to be valid for at least 3 months and left with two blank pages.
- Travel visa insurance to cover all the repatriation costs and health expenses.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of means of subsistence: means that can ensure funds in hard currency which may include cheques, credit/debit cards.
- Travel itinerary.
- Letter of acceptance from the university
- Bank receipt to prove the payment of processing fee.
Depending on the destination you wish to go, the Schengen visa requirements may slightly vary. The embassy will ask you certain additional documents to assure you are not defying any rules, and are providing the necessary information. The documents will be handed over personally. The limit for visa will be 90 days for the period of half year. It is best suggested that the student applies for residence permit which will allow his/her stay for one whole year.