Schengen Visas Transit Visas

Transit Schengen Visa

Transit visas allow their holders to pass through a country to reach their final destination. The visa does not let a person stay in the country. Transit visas are however not available for certain people belonging from certain countries. There are two types of transit visas, Airport transit visa and Transit visa.

The former type of visa allows you to stay in the airport. This visa is for the people who have to wait for their flights for several hours. But e passengers have to stay in the area provided by the airport. If they are required to stay there for a night, they still have to use the area provided by the airport for them.

The later type of visa is for the people that are travelling by road. The people then have to use the roads of the country to reach their final location. Thus the visa allows them to do so. They are provided to stay in the country for a maximum of 5 days.

People who require a transit visa

People from certain countries require transit visas to pass through the country through any of the Schengen airports.

The countries are mentioned as follows:

  • India
  • Iraq
  • Iran
  • Afghanistan
  • Ethiopia
  • Syria
  • Turkey
  • Nigeria
  • Sri Lanka
  • Jordan
  • Lebanon
  • Burma
  • Ghana
  • Eritrea
  • Democratic Republic of the Congo
  • Somalia
  • Sudan
  • Burma
  • Pakistan

Confusion During Applications

There are certain cases during which confusions arise when the applicants do not get what they expected they would get. The most experienced conditions and cases are mentioned below.

Situation 1

In some conditions when people are travelling to a location that is inside the Schengen territory ask for a transit visa and get confused. The transit visa allows you to pass through a country to another. If you apply for a transit visa for a Schengen location and you are travelling to one, then it is useless. Since, you would at some point need a stay or a visit visa of the same territory.

Situation 2

There is a condition in which you want to travel to a non-Schengen country through a Schengen airport using a transit visa. But you do not leave the airport and take the flight to the next location. This is exactly what the transit visa is made for. The transit visa does not allow you to roam the city. But if you want to stay in a Schengen location, you can have a type C visa. This visa would help you stay in the country for up to 90 days.

Situation 3

In this condition you have traveled to the Schengen area and have a transit visa. But you need to have to move to another airport for another flight or you have to stay for the night and want to stay in a hotel.

Even in this condition you would require a short stay visa. The type C visa would let you stay since you would have to enter the Schengen areas.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *